Hello friends… you are here because you asked yourself, “How do I do my part?”
It’s OK to start small, but get moving immediately… even in modest ways in your day to day life. Have confidence that you will learn as you go along.
As a critical early step, gather courage by getting to know your sources of personal power, your warrior powers, really…
It can transform your life to know that you have absolute control in these ways. Cast aside the learned helplessness that is so much a part of modern life!
Then, spend six months to a year Changing Yourself First, cleaning up your personal carbon footprint.
In what arena will you play, for those two big steps? Look carefully at the major global warming solutions listed below for the answer…
Find one that speak to your unique talents or to specific issues faced in your region. You’ll know which solution is right for you, because you feel it beckoning.
It can become your noble calling.
According to researchers at Project Drawdown, here is the list of the most-effective global warming solutions: (ranked by % of total possible wins):
1) Protect and increase tropical and temperate forests (108 gigatons, 10%)
2) Wind turbines, both onshore and offshore (100 GT, 9%)
3) Cleaner refrigerants (fluorocarbons are surprisingly awful) (90 GT, 9%)
4) Reduce food waste all through the farm-to-table pipeline (71GT, 7%)
5) Eat a plant-rich diet; reduce beef consumption especially (66 GT, 6%)
6) Educate girls (60 GT, 6%)
7) Family planning (60 GT, 6%)
8) Photovoltaic solar farms (37 GT, 4%)
9) Silvopasture (31 GT, 3%)
10) Rooftop solar (25 GT, 2%)
11) Regenerative agriculture (23 GT, 2%)
12) Protect peatlands (22 GT, 2%)
13) Electric vehicles, hybrids and improved fuel efficiency, upgrade trucking (21 GT, 2%)
14) Tropical staple-food trees (20 Gt, 2%)
15) Conservation agriculture (17 GT, 2%)
16) Tree intercropping (17 GT, 2%)
17) Geothermal energy (17 GT, 2%)
18) Managed grazing (16 GT, 2%)
19) Nuclear energy (16 GT, 2%)
20) Clean cookstoves (16 GT, 2%)
21) Farmland restoration (14 GT, 1%)
22) LED lighting, both household and commercial (13 GT, 1%)
23) Improved rice cultivation (11 GT, 1%)
24) Concentrated solar farms (11 GT, 1%)
25) District heating in cities (9 GT, 1%)
A key way for you to prepare? Get the Project Drawdown book or view their rankings, and read the researchers’ detailed analysis of all climate crisis solutions.
Their book was the world’s number one bestselling environmental book of 2017, and I recommend it as solid and substantive.
The choice you make can become your passion.
Get involved. Never, ever give up!
* * *
Not sure how to start saving the planet (civilization, really)… Start by remembering the saying: “Hope is a renewable resource.” Keep your morale up.
Then, our immediate practical first step becomes “Deeply know our personal Superpowers,” those skills over which we all have 100% control:
3) To save the planet, USE OUR VOICES and take advocacy seriously in all its many flavors: Never miss a vote and never stop influencing your government. Influence the vast business world by voting with your buying power… business listens when you speak its language. Set a solid example in your personal life. Tell friends what we must do. Finally, have a carefully-chosen annual donor program. All of these are ways you can use your voice.
No one can take your personal power away. Stay focussed on the list of substantive global warming solutions.
And at all times, cast aside the “learned-helplessness” that infects so much of modern life… the time is now for action.
Never give up.
* * *
© WILLIAM MURPHY AND GLOBAL WARMING, YOU AND I™, 2019. EXCERPTS AND LINKS MAY BE USED, PROVIDED THAT FULL AND CLEAR CREDIT IS GIVEN TO WILLIAM MURPHY AND GLOBAL WARMING, YOU AND I WITH APPROPRIATE AND SPECIFIC DIRECTION TO THE ORIGINAL CONTENT.00000
#innovation #renewables #futurism #smartcities #windenergy #solarenergy #hydroelectric #nuclearenergy #geothermal #climatestrike #schoolstrike4climate #imatteryouth #sunrisemovement #FridaysForFuture #nature #climate #climatechange #instagood #beautiful #followme #follow #climateaction #environment #paris #security #sustainability #globalwarming #bethechange #ecofriendly #gogreen #climatechangeisreal #eco #earth #renewableenergy #climatejustice #sustainable #cleanenergy #energy #savetheplanet #green #solarenergy #zerowaste #actonclimate #leanthinking #thisiszerohour #extinctionrebellion