Our third great source of personal power is Use Your Voice… in other words, be an influencer: Get in the habit of actively influencing the people around us, our jobs and our economy, and our leaders at every level.
Our voices are real power and each of us has much, much more clout than we realise…
- Use your voice to advocate using letters and social media, and by participating in the civic life of our cities and towns.
- Use your voice by never, ever missing an election: VOTE!
- Use your voice to influence the people around us, in our daily social interactions.
- Use your cash donations to influence mission-critical policy or to further the good advocacy other folks are doing.
- Use your voice: Speak out in support of the good works of others.
A bonus: Once you get going on Using Your Voice there is a snowball effect, as we discover power we didn’t realize we had… (especially when we deal with the subtle “learned helplessness” that infects much of the modern world).
A key ingredient here, which is especially useful to Busy People: Like all good managers and executives, much advocacy WORKS THROUGH OTHERS and thus has a virtuous multiplier-effect!
* * *
In future posts, we will profile people using their advocacy in exciting ways, as well as the simple power of voting. A profile is like a picture and a picture, to a busy person, is worth a thousand words!
* * *
How does one get started saving the planet? Start by deeply knowing your own sources of personal power: 1) To save the planet, Change Yourself First; 2) To save the planet, Invest Your Working Life; 3) To save the planet, Use Your Voice and take advocacy seriously! Never miss a chance to vote, and never stop influencing your government and businesses locally, at the state level, and at the national level.
And in all cases and at all times, cast aside the learned-helplessness that infects so much of modern life…
* * *
3 thoughts on “Your Third Superpower: “Use Your Voice””